Tabs

Thursday, June 02, 2011

. S'mores Pancakes .

Pin It

Pancakes again? Heck ya!!
I know, I know. I just posted about pancakes yesterday but would you pass up eating s'mores for breakfast? I wouldn't. Go and try some now!

S'mores Pancakes topped with Marshmallow "Syrup"




Ingredients:

Pancakes:

1 cup pancake mix ( I used Bisquik Gluten Free Pancake Mix )
1 cup & 2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg

Marshmallow Syrup:

1 cup marshmallow fluff
2 tablespoons boiling hot milk


Preparation:

Whisk pancake mix, milk, oil, cocoa powder, brown sugar and egg all together in medium bowl until well combined.
Pour batter into your pan/griddle. I made about 4-inch pancakes so I cooked them for 2 -3 minutes on one side and 1-2 minutes on the other side.
To make your "syrup," pour 2 tablespoons of boiling hot milk over 1 cup of marshamllow fluff. You may add more if you like a more liquid-ey consistency.
Mix well then pour syrup over your pancakes.








Btw, the original inspiration came from here. Except I left out the sour cream and I went for the semi-homemade approach because I already had the mix and I wanted to put it to better use~ :D





Oh, I also made some half-dollar sized pancakes and my sweet lil daughter had the bright idea of making an actual s'more with them. Just take two of the itty bitty pancakes, spread some of the marshmallow syrup on one, add a few chocolate chips and then top it with the other pancake.....



Don't they look kinda like cookies?



.....................



Happy Pancake-Making!



No comments:

Post a Comment