Tabs

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

. Ice Cream Cupcakes .

Pin It


What a busy month!!!
I guess thats what I get for giving birth to both of my kids (born 2 years apart) in the Thanksgiving week~ I wouldn't have it any other way though <3.
So first up would be my daughter's party at school. I've seen these ice cream cupcakes online before and thought "how adorable!!" You expect ice cream but when its not, you're still not disappointed because its a cupcake!! Haha!! &&& it doesn't melt!! Perfect for little kids and this hot island weather:)
She requested a My Melody party and I thought, "how do I tie My Melody and ice cream together?" Then I saw this cute little picture....

PERFECT!!
I just played around with it on photoshop and used it to make her invitations and treat labels. Fun!
The cupcakes were extremely fun to make too. So easy (especially when you use the box cake mix;)
I chose to bake my cupcakes in a paper liner as opposed to the other method of baking it directly in the cone. I wanted to cone to stay firm so that it wouldn't fall apart or turn into mush when the kids hold onto it. Oh and don't forget to put a surprise inside!
 
 
 
Ice Cream Cupcakes
 
 
  
Ingredients:
  • 48 mini cupcakes (any flavor you like)
  • frosting (enough for 24 cupcakes plus a little extra to put inside the cone)
  • ice cream cones (the kind with a flat bottom. actually the pointy ended cones would work well too but i just chose the flat bottomed one so that they would be able to stand on their own)
  • m&m's
  • sprinkles
  • pocky (for decoration *optional)
 
 
Preparation:

Pour about 5-8 m&m's into the bottom of each ice cream cone.
Stuff a mini cupcake, right-side up into each cone. Push them in as far as you can.
Add a little frosting on top of that cupcake (it will serve as glue when you add the other cupcake on top.
Take another mini cupcake, turn it upside-down and place it on top of ice cream cone.
Cover with frosting and add sprinkles.



surprise!

my mini "mushroom" strawberry cupcakes

mmm, pocky. great ice cream cupcake topper:)




 

I also made these to add to the party...

...my melody sugar cookies:)...

...& jumbo marshmallow pops...



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, lil' princess
love always, mommy, daddy & little brother.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment