Tabs

Saturday, April 16, 2011

.Mango Buttercream Frosting.

Pin It


It's MANGO season!
There's a saying around here that are only 3 seasons on the island of Guam -- Summer, Rainy and Mango season! Mango season is the best in my opinion:) Over here, we pickle the green ones, eat them with tabasco, soy sauce and salt (*yummmmmmmm), or just wait for them to ripen and enjoy them as is. 
Yesterday, I used them to make cupcakes:)
The actual star of this post is the buttercream. I just paired it with a simple pineapple cupcake recipe.
All you need is your favorite vanilla cake recipe (if you're short on time, a boxed mix would be okay to use too). Follow the recipe as directed, then just add a 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple (drained and pureed). Then top it off with this yummy frosting.


Mango Buttercream Frosting 




Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup of pureed ripe mango
  • 1 cup of unsalted butter
  • 1/2 of a 1 lb box of confectioner's sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Preparation:

Beat butter and vanilla extract until creamy.
Add confectioner's sugar in several additions. Be sure that mixture is beaten well before adding more. (I thought the frosting I made tasted a bit too sweet :/but that's my opinion.  So I suggest that you taste-test the frosting after every addition of sugar just to be sure you make it to your liking. Make sure you save some for the cupcakes though! )
Add pureed mango and mix until combined.
Be sure cupcakes are cooled before frosting them.



Local mangoes.
I didn't use this bunch for the frosting of course. They didn't ripen in time.
These will be devoured with tabasco, soy sauce and salt....



Oooh, the smell of pureed mangoes is divine!



Adding the crushed pineapple to the cake batter. Look! A heart! hehe.



Baked, cooled and frosted.
I just loved seeing the frosting speckled with little bits of mango.
Oh, and I topped them with some dried mango of course:) Can't go wrong with more mangoes.
How many times did I say "mango"?? mango mango mango MANGO!!!

....................

I just wanted to say
THANK YOU!
to all those who subscribe/follow this blog and to those who try out the recipes.
By the way, let me know if you've made any of the desserts posted on here. I'd love to know how they turned out and any opinions or suggestions you might have.

Happy baking everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment