Tabs

Saturday, September 10, 2011

. Snickers Cupcakes .

Pin It
OMG...................
Have you ever heard of Snickers cupcakes? Me neither until I started doing this blog and stumbled upon different variations of this recipe. My Baking Addiction's blog has a really good one but I also hope to try the one from Annie's Eats someday as well.
I made them for a get-together my husband had for work and used My Baking Addiction's recipe. I changed the measurements for the frosting and only added 1 pound of confectioner's sugar. It didn't turn out as stiff but it was still a hit! Some guys had 3 in one sitting! So I guess it's safe to say that these were really GOOD. Lol. I liked them too and so did my family. The cake was so most and fluffy. I also didn't put as much frosting as pictured in MBA's blog though. I thought it was enough to pipe on about a tablespoonful on top. Still, there were no complaints;)


Snicker's Cupcakes


Ingredients:

For the cake:
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
  • 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs; lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 24-30 frozen Snickers Miniatures (they're just regular snickers mini bars that where thrown into the freezer for at least 2 hours.)

For the frosting:
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter; room temperature
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/3 cup caramel topping; plus more for drizzling
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Procedure:

For the cake:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line (2) 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, vanilla and water.
Evenly divide the batter amongst the prepared pans.
Gently push a frozen Snickers Miniature bar into the center of the batter and smooth the surface making sure to cover the candy bar with batter.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool cupcakes thoroughly on wire rack.


For the frosting:

Cream the butter and shortening in the bowl of an electric or stand mixer.
Add the vanilla extract, salt and caramel syrup and combine well.
Begin adding in the sugar and mixing thoroughly after each addition.
After all of the sugar has been added and mixed thoroughly, give it a taste and decide if you want to add in more caramel syrup.
If you prefer thicker frosting, you can gradually add in a little more sugar. Don't forget that it'll also be a little more sweeter than before so be sure to taste as you add sugar.
Garnish with chopped Snickers bars and a drizzle of caramel of caramel syrup.

adapted from my baking addiction.




the batter wasn't really that dark. it was just the camera ;p


i kinda went overboard on filling some cupcake liners in my first batch
that some ended up looking like muffins.
those were "discarded" and quickly eaten up by the 4 yr old cupcake monster living in my house.



......................


2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna make this!! it looks so good!! and of course...will fb and g+ the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. on a side note, i have a cupcake monster too. but my monster seems to favor them cookie dough cupcakes

    ReplyDelete