Tabs

Monday, July 25, 2011

. Homemade Whipped Cream .

Pin It


Fluffy......
I love strawberries. Unfortunately, my daughter doesn't:( She used to eat them when she was an infant/toddler, including bananas, mango, melon, apples even lemons! Then after she turned 2, she stopped liking fruit all together. I couldn't figure out why. Now that she's almost 5, she started getting back into the habit of eating fruits and veggies again, most especially broccoli and bananas. A couple weeks ago, she asked if  I could buy her some strawberries to eat. Of course, baby. I'd gladly buy you strawberries!
I remembered we still had some heavy whipping cream left over in the fridge, so I thought we could also make some yummy whipped cream to go with our delicious fruit.
She loved making this because you could see the cream get fluffy and thick as you whip it up in your mixer. I like it because you could control the sweetness level. It was also good way to help her eat more fruit without too much sugar being added.


Homemade Whipped Cream


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons-1/4 cup powdered sugar (depending how sweet you like it)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract


Preparation:

Chill your large bowl and whisk attachment in freezer for at least 1/2 an hour.
In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form.
Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form.
Make sure not to over-beat, cream will then become lumpy and butter-like.    


Floating on a cloud of whipped cream~ This strawberry is very happy ^_^




           

1 comment: